I am a Maine-based wedding and portrait photographer.

This is an old blog - please visit www.christymurray.com/blog for my current work.

Jan 11, 2008

The Sikand Family

I love working with children and families in their own environments. Now that the weather is cold many of my photo shoots are moving indoors - living rooms and playrooms are now my studio. What is so fantastic about these sessions is that children are comfortable and in their element. They are surrounded by familiar toys and furniture and are free to express themselves as they would on any other day. As a documentary photographer this type of setting is perfect. Even the most reserved or shy child easily warms up to me and shows me a little piece of their world.

Here is a slideshow from one of my recent sessions shot in December with the Sikand family. It was a unseasonably warm day for December. When the kids grew tired of shooting inside we simply moved out to the front yard for a little bit of play.