I am a Maine-based wedding and portrait photographer.

This is an old blog - please visit www.christymurray.com/blog for my current work.

Jul 1, 2008

Stuart & Lauren - Boston Commons

I drove up to Boston last week to meet with Stuart and Lauren for their engagement photo session. I think I can safely speak for both of them when I say the weather report was making us a bit nervous - but with their wedding date rapidly approaching and their busy schedules we knew we had to give it a shot (with a large umbrella in tow, just in case). As it turned out the weather cooperated just long enough - I didn't run into any hail until I was snug in my car and headed back out of town. Whew!

There are images that scream at me to be black and white - sometimes it ends up being just a few a session, and then there are sessions like this one where black and white images seem to dominate. :)






I am a big believer that less is often more. My absolute favorite images from the session were taken when I had Stuart & Lauren simply sit in the lawn and enjoy each other. Giving them their space, I worked around them to get some of these fun shots...












Just as images scream to be black and white - this one HAD to be in color. :)


No comments: