I am a Maine-based wedding and portrait photographer.

This is an old blog - please visit www.christymurray.com/blog for my current work.

Nov 20, 2008

Kim & Chad - NYC Engagement Session & Love Story

I had the pleasure of driving down to NYC this past weekend to do an engagement session with two simply fabulous people - Kim & Chad. It was instant chemistry when I met these two - their passion for not only each other, but life, is contagious. Their passion - coupled with their laid-back, fun loving personalities - make these two a great match and so much fun to work with.


Kim and Chad's road to engagement was not a simple one - it could be strait out of a romance novel. Over the years their lives both had many twists and turns - but ultimately they ended up right where they needed to be. With each other.

Kim and Chad first met at Hofstra University in 1991 where they became friends, but didn't date. After college their lives went in separate directions. It was a little over a decade later that Chad and Kim's paths crossed again at a holiday party. Kim tells me, "Chad made a toast to friends... he looked at me in a way I hadn't noticed before and I think that is the first time I think I really saw this amazing, loving, giving guy." They started dating for a few months, but then as Kim puts it, "Chad told me he wanted to take it slow." What Kim heard was he wasn't so sure about her. This miscommunication cost them years apart. Both heartbroken, Chad moved to California to move on and Kim stayed in NY.

Despite the geographical distance that separated them they stayed in touch over the years and eventually realized, against all odds, that they were meant to be together. In February 2008 Chad proposed in Flushing Meadow Park in what Kim calls "A total surprise!" Such a great story for two truly great people.

Our engagement session started out in Queens and ended up, appropriately, at Flushing Meadows Park. Here are a few of my favorites followed by a slide show.






Click on the play button to start the slide show. This slide show is a little larger than my others - but it is worth the wait! Hope you enjoy! :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post. I like your style man.

Benjamin

Christy Sucks said...

Christy Murray is a Scammer. Terrible photographer and she ripped us off. Go elsewhere or you will regret this decision.